Thursday, March 6, 2014

In the leafy tree tops!



One of my tenants left this frame behind and I fell in love! My hubby added a thin backer board to the frame and then I painted it this fabulous barn red. Various blue papers were torn into 4 pieces then Mod-Podged to the frame backing. The branches were cut from the Songbird Cricut cartridge. I arranged and re-arranged the branches before the Mod-Podge was applied. 





I was able to both emboss and cut my birds in one motion with the Fiskars Fuse. I then applied applied Mod Podge to each individual bird. After they were dry, 3M was added to the back of each bird for some dimension. Again, I arranged and re-arranged the birds before gluing them down permanently.






Best part of this project? Hanging my art project on the wall in my new room!





p,s. You will love this vintage bird project for the new room!
http://nelliescottageretreat.blogspot.com/2014/02/birds-on-string.html

1 comment: