Monday, December 27, 2010

Sweet Christmas surprise, a blog is born!

Janene married my son Aaron August 2008!

My favorite Christmas present this year is my new Nellie's Cottage blog! My sweet daughter-in-law Janene spent oodles of time creating this blog as a Christmas surprise. The funny thing is... a couple of weeks ago I had asked Janene if she could help me get started and she said "Well,  you can always look up blog help sites on google." I have to admit I was a bit crushed. On Christmas eve I even told Keith that I wasn't sure if she wanted to help me with my blog.  Can you imagine the number of white lies we all tell at Christmas:) 
I love everything about this very charming blog...I love the wonderful gift of time and creative energy Janene gave me. I love being a wife, a mother, a mother-in-law, and a new grammie to Annabelle. 
I am the keeper of our memories in photography, editing, printing, sharing and scrapbooking. I hope to leave behind a library of family memories to treasure in my albums. I have visions of cuddling on the couch with grandchildren, looking at our pictures together, telling them funny stories about their parents, sharing the treasured memories of my heart. I will encourage them to live their lives so that their memories are worth remembering. 
Thank you my sweet Janene for giving me such a memory!  

4 comments:

  1. You'll be the PERFECT blogger and I'll be a loyal follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I completely agree with my mom! Im going to enjoy reading your posts...you'll be a fabulous blogger! Keep the posts coming :) Love you tons

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUte little blog and welcome to the world of blogging! I built our site and it does take loads of time, your daughter-in-law was very sweet to do this for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post. The bright smile really made my day. I wish you remain this happy forever. Loads of wishes for you.

    ReplyDelete