Sunday, May 8, 2011

An Extraordinary Mother...

...is exactly what I have in my mother Martha!

1961
 I am told I look like her, which is great because she is aging extremely well:) It has been frustrating through the years when people have expected me to live up to her talents and abilities...you see there is virtually nothing she cannot do. She is famous in her world for giving 100+ in everything! She is a gifted speaker, can arrange a beautiful flower bouquet, always gave us amazing birthdays, and has been the ultimate grandmother to my children. She can sew, can jam, landscape, keep a perfectly clean pool, cross stitch, decorate, throw a party or event fit for the queen, and do it all with the grace fitting a southern lady.
 I know somewhat of the sacrifices she has made on my behalf since I too have raised four children, yet I will always be indebted to her no matter how many small or big gifts I give her for Mother's Day. She gave me life and I will never fill her shoes.
We don't always see eye to eye-I am a bit of a rebel when it comes to always being a southern lady:)
 I like my walls painted red and love zebra print.
She used to threaten to send me to charm school and a few years later I made the same statement to my girls when they were being un-lady like!


Mom, you will be happy to know that just last week someone called me to ask a question, as they explained "because you know about etiquette and stuff like that." See mom I did listen!
Really, I do not believe anyone has ever had a mother that did every single thing a mother should do like my mom Martha. I love you mom...you gave me a tough path to follow but I am your daughter which means I have it in me to succeed!
                                                         Love your eldest, and hopefully wisest child:) Kimberly



No comments:

Post a Comment