Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Halloween Love Story

 We had just moved 700 miles to a new town. Danielle was so excited to be in a "real" neighborhood. We had live on a state highway for several years and had never had any trick or treaters. She wanted to dress up and hand out candy for the first time ever!
The night was very cold with freezing rain. Danielle got all dressed up and waiting patiently by the door...she waited...and waited...and waited, and no one came. She was heartbroken and so was I. Suddenly the door bell rang and there on the porch was a headless man...it took her a minute to realize it was her dad:) 
Very soon after the neighborhood kids began to ring the doorbell. We learned that we were the last street on the "neighborhood route." I will always remember how much love I felt at the moment I saw my husband at that door...it was truly a Halloween love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment