Monday, November 14, 2011

A fabric festival of eye candy!

My sister and I had a girls day out at the International Quilt Festival in Houston. Oh my...I could have stayed for days but alas this was our only chance to soak in as much inspiration as possible! I have purposefully stayed away from the quilting world because I have too many creative loves already, but after this quilt festival I may not be able to hold myself back!
Here are just a few of my favorites that were entered into the quilting contest. I got in trouble for taking a picture of a wall size quilt of the "Last Supper." The worker came running over and stood there while I deleted the picture:) I had no idea I was violating a sacred quilt law!

This is so unique! "Central Park"
The buildings are stuffed fabric cubes.



 I absolutely love this bouquet of flowers.
Each flower is pieced individually.



The entire quilt is made of tiny slivers of fabric!
This would take the patience of Job:)



Mitzi & I walked for hours among the vendor booths. 
These are some of the designs that caught my eye...
A creative clock.

This is my kind of quilt! Rows of ruffles...perfect for my baby granddaughters:)

Who doesn't love butterflies & flowers?

I liked the scalloped layers on this pillow.

My sister thought this would be fabulous to do with our grandmother Nellie's real aprons.

What a fun valentine!


There were some fun decorative projects as well...


I am going to have do this for my daughters zebra room.

Just a giant paper flower.

This is a beautiful decorative lighting piece. 

Someone just added charms & beads to a scarf.  Simple & classy.

While my sister was in hot pursuit of "fat quarters" from the endless supply of fabric designs, I was buying patterns, rickrack, & chenille ribbon for my next project-sewing for babies Annabelle & Savannah:)

What a glorious day! 
It was like being in a fabric candy store:) 
I am so inspired to begin sewing again and 
who knows, maybe I will give into quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment