Monday, January 16, 2012

The blue front door

As I was leaving my driveway the other day I looked back at my house and realized I didn't like my black door anymore! 
Black is great, but I just got a decorating bug and had to do something different:) 


Originally I had a hunter green door which was a popular color in the 90's, but today it became blue, not just any blue but..."Running trout stream" blue!

I love all shades of blue...
the sky,

the ocean in Cozumel,



my son's eyes,

and my beautiful glass tile bowl which was the inspiration for my door!


I painted 2 coats of semi gloss paint, then dry brushed black paint into the corners and panel edges.


I liked the look of the black edges so I dry brushed the whole door:)


 Behold the blue door!


I added my January wreath which has frosted magnolia flowers with a
 crystal swag intertwined in the flowers. 



I love my door so much that tomorrow I am painting my back door blue:)

No comments:

Post a Comment