Thursday, January 5, 2017

Snowbunnies in Pink! A winter album


Beautiful girls, adorable baby, fresh snow, vintage lace, painted chipboard, & embossed snowflakes...
Snow bunnies in pink! 
A "One Event/One Design" album that delights my coffee table each winter!


In January of 2011, on one of many visits to see my children attending college in Utah, I took these photos. The beautiful snow covered landscape was inspiring, and 4 month old Annabelle was adorably & perfectly pink in her new coat! We drove up the canyon to a park where the girls indulged my need for a photo shoot! It was a frigid 32* so the girls would take turns posing for pictures and sitting in the warm car with the baby! 



To begin these layouts, I matted the pictures and "built" the pages by piecing half sheets of Bazzill pink and cream card stock together. Paper borders, and layers of real vintage lace created a middle border. Snowflakes were cut on the Cricut machine and embossed with crystal embossing powder. A punch was used to create the metallic trees. The chipboard flourishes were hand painted. 
I always line up the pages & lay out the photos BEFORE adhering them to the pages. Lastly, the pre-made embellishments are added to each page.
Viola! A pink wintery album!



I loved this hooded fur coat on Danielle which perfectly matched her hair. She was in her freshman year at college and kicking it! She had been at home for 3 years post siblings. I missed her companionship, yet was pleased to see her fly the nest and try her wings! It's part of a mother's charge to give both roots and wings... the wings portion of that charge tugs significantly more at the heart:)








Brittany was a year away from college graduation. With a new first baby, full school schedule, and hubby Travis, her life was happy and busy! Both of my girls inspire me with their talents, beauty and goodness. I feel fortunate to have both daughters and sons, but let's face it...the boys don't do pedi's & chick flicks! I have such sweet memories of late night girl movie time snuggled on the couch with my two beauties:) 




One can never go wrong with a flourish! These giant chipboard flourishes were handpainted using what I, a painting novice, call the dabbing method:) I put several colors of paint on a paper plate and randomly dab and partially blend. Not very artistically scientific but it works for me:)




Annabelle was our first grandchild, the purveyor of life's happiness, and hope restored in the world...at least to me:) She was an astute observer of her surroundings from the very beginning, and now as a 6 six year old, nothing...and I do mean NOTHING gets past her!
We have since added another 8 to the Crossley mini-mob of granddarings with another 3 on the way! 
I had joy as a mother, but this unequivocal happiness as a Grammie is glorious!


Danielle and Elizabeth, who have been friends since they were tots, were roommates. They could not be more opposite in every way, except their shared proclivity for a very messy dorm room! Mom's are usually never impressed with dorm living:-} These girls share a bond that is quirky and unbreakable:)



Scrapbooking is about surrounding treasured memories in photographs with beautiful embellishments! This "One Event/One Design" method of scrapbooking suits my holiday, seasonal and event scrapbooking style. With every page the same and embellishments created in batches, I am able to accomplish more pages in a timely manner allowing more of our family history to be displayed in scrapbooks! Being "caught up" is a fabled myth in the scrapbooking world which I will never achieve, however the 
"One Event/One Design" style gives me a fighting chance!  






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layouts! I don't get to scrapbook girls stuff often so I'm very jealous of these beautiful colors and girlie things. Love, Love, Love!!!

    ReplyDelete