Sunday, June 24, 2012

Bar-b-que cups...picnic perfect!

These bar-b-que cups are a favorite at my house! They are a great picnic food, a nice alternative to sandwiches. They are a self contained dish-no forks required:)



Bar-b-Que Cups

3/4 cup ground meat-browned
1/2 bar-b-que sauce-we love Sweet Baby Rays!
2T. brown sugar-optional...I feel so healthy when I leave this out:)
3/4 C. grated cheese...love colby jack the best
1/2 purple onion-chopped...optional-my personal add on
1 can Grand biscuits cut in half

Preheat oven to 400
Brown meat, drain, add bar-b-que sauce, chopped onions and mix well.
Shape each half biscuit in a circle and place in an 
ungreased muffin cup, pressing the sides upward.
Spoon meat into cups & top with cheese.
Bake 10-15 min.


p.s.
My hubby used to sing this silly song about Bar-b-que. 
I don't have a video..we didn't own one in the college days but here are the words:)


I love chicken,
And I love meat.
I love anything that tastes so sweet.
I love my momma,
And I love my horse,
But most of all I love that bar -b-bar bar-b-que sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment