Saturday, July 21, 2012

Country Cousins

My sister had a new camera...
So we dressed all of our children in kakis and bluejean (so typical for the 90's!) and headed to a family friend's property with a cool vintage truck and wagon wheels and then... attempted the impossible...getting all of the children looking in one direction and smiling at once:)
Four families, 10 children and lots of patience later this is our cousin photo shoot.
Cool statistic, I had 4 children, my sister 3, one brother had 2, and the other brother had 1 child. I love silly family statistics, probably because my dad was an accountant so we are always counting things. We eventually added 4 more grandchildren to the mix:)
All of the children in the 8x10 portraits are mine:)











The layout details:
Don't you love it when you have materials laying around for ages and then you find the perfect use for them:)
I had this background paper in my stash just waiting for a layout.
This fabulous stitched border was the same on both sides.
I double matted the photos with cream & taupe or copper. This was my first time to use metal and I love it! I traced the chipboard flourish images and hand cut the metal flourishes. The large chipboard flourishes were colored with sienna, distressed red, and copper ink. Punched stars with pop dots complete the look.


And there you have it...another One Event/One Design creation by me:)




***I have 4 different 10" chipboard flourishes in stock.
$2.99 +tx and only $1 shipping per flourish
Decorate with paper, ink, chalk, glitter, paint ..anything!


1.

2.


3.

4.




To order by number listed above:
nelliescottage@gmail.com
OR
call me @ 409 768 0266
Credit cards accepted


*Other projects using these flourishes

The edges are distressed with brown ink.

Painted chipboard, using both the positive and negative image

Blended pink paint with Prima paper flowers

Barely blended contrasting paint colors







No comments:

Post a Comment