Monday, July 2, 2012

Patriotic festive displays

When I first began scrapbooking I was ruthless about cutting out backgrounds until I discovered that I was cutting out a piece of our history! I now take background photos with abandon:) These types of pictures tell us about our culture and traditions, silly and serious. 











The hairy feet are my unfortunate nephew who was out numbered:)



Look around your festivities and notice the things that make the event festive and record even the seemingly trivial like those plastic cups! Those cups tell the story of an ever expanding family, too many dishes to wash, conserving the planet by not using paper, a mometo of an event, and the family legend that Crossley's will drink out of any cup they find so you better have your name on yours:) See what I mean.....and you probably thought why the plastic cup picture?

Happy Festive Freedom Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment