Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Creating Christmas cards

I just had to smile when I lined up my Christmas cards like little elves anxiously waiting to spread Christmas cheer:) I imagined family & friends mooning over my glittery C, carefully nestled on the double layered tree of pearlized paper, surrounded by layers of beautiful papers with bits of sparkle. I see them slowly opening the card, not wanting to leave the majesty of the design but yet anticipating cheerful Christmas greeting within the shimmery package of a homemade card.........okay...a bit dramatic! But hey...these were done in July! I should at least get a standing ovation for that:)



 There is something so sublime about creating a beautiful greeting card... especially with shimmer and shine! I wanted to branch out from traditional colors this year and these are the first step in that decorating direction.



I chose a shimmer metallic heavy weight cardstock in aqua lagoon...secret reason? This paper was left over from my daughters wedding album...thrifty is in!
The border is a Martha Stewart punch. The tree is cut from the Winter Frolic cartridge (2 different colors for layering) I chose a glitter paper for the monogram C. I added a simple scroll from the Storybook cartridge to add the final flourish. 

It feels so good to have my Christmas cards ready...well almost, I still need to print the inside greeting, and take a really good family picture with all 14 of us looking at the camera and smiling. 
Now that will be impressive:)

p.p.s I am seriously in love with these Martha Stewart border punches! 
These are the border choices for the Christmas cards.



No comments:

Post a Comment