When we built our home in 1995, I had shutters on my wish list but, as most first time builders, we found that our wish list needed to be chopped as the building progressed.
my shutters finally became a reality!
Shutters make a difference!
This was one of our more fun DIY projects:) We began with cedar fence pickets and wrought iron pieces from Hobby Lobby (half price of course!)
|6 ft pickets were less expensive. We needed 8 ft shutters so Michael|
cut the dog ears off the pickets and cut the boards to size.
|These are the decorative front cross pieces.|
|He cut cross pieces for the backside to stabilize the shutters.|
|We primed then painted the shutters with 2 coats of a beautiful teal blue.|
|This is what happens when painting is done too late in the day|
and the dew settles on wet paint:)
|I distressed the whole shutter with black paint paying |
extra attention to the edges of the boards.
I smile a big smile every time I pull into the driveway!
Good things DO come to those who wait...even if it takes 17 years!