Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Taco Soup..my "go to" meal:)

I love taco soup!
I love the speed at which I can make my family a tasty and healthy meal, which everyone likes to eat!
I follow a basic recipe with built in flexibility. Taco soup is easy to expand for sharing and freezing.
Ingredients are interchangeable and optional within the same food family. Okay...I will stop trying to sell it and just post the recipe:)



Taco Soup

1 lb lean hamburger browned with 
a large onion chopped-any color
a large green bell pepper chopped
1 pkg taco seasoning mix


1 can diced tomatoes
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can whole corn (not drained)
1 can black beans (rinsed)
1 can kidney beans
1 can Ranch style beans (rinsed)
Add chicken broth as needed.


Simmer for an hour or cook on medium for 30 min if they are hungry!

Top with sour cream, chips, chopped tomatoes, or serve with cornbread.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment