Thursday, November 1, 2012

30 days, 30 notes of thanks

I have a drawer of cards. 
They mostly just sit there hoping for the perfect event, thought, or thank you. 
This month I am going to change that...I am going to actually write notes AND mail them!



I think November is the perfect month to usher in the holidays. I don't think there could be a better way to begin the season of goodwill than focusing on gratitude!
My life is touched by so many people I never thank. 
The sweet postal carrier that honks and WAITS for me to come running out of the house for my packages, who is never grumpy. 
The lady that sits on the back row every Sunday who inspires me with more faith than anyone I know. 
My sister in law who was a shoulder for my teenagers when we were fed up with each other! 
The nursery leader at church who keeps Annabelle happy for 2 hours along with all the other 2 year olds. 
The car detail guy who can make my suburban look new even after the most messy DIY project week.
My favorite checker at Walmart who doesn't get frustrated when I check out with 5 different transactions for our businesses.
The list could go on and on and on......

This month I am going to thank them with a simple note. 
One note a day for 30 days. 
One overdue thank you for 30 people who have touched my life. 
It's the least I can do.
Take the challenge...30 days of thank you's.

“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing

 that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. 

And because all things have contributed to your

advancement, you should include all things in your

 gratitude.” 

                                                     Ralph Waldo Emerson



No comments:

Post a Comment