Sunday, January 20, 2013

The vendor experience

I had my first Nellie's Cottage vendor experience this weekend...talk about work!
I was invited by  the owners of the Stamp & Scrap Fest to participate in their show in Pasadena Texas.




Don't you love my new banner from Vista print?
I worked ALL week sorting through my scrapbook supplies, packing, gathering display baskets, ordering a new banner, planning booth design and NOT SLEEPING! I had no idea how the show would go, especially since I could only participate on one of the event days. 
On Friday, I drove an hour & a half with my suburban loaded to the hilt. I unloaded and then spent about 6 hours arranging and decorating my booth space. Garment racks became walls with white fabric shower curtains attached. My scrapbook store at Nellie's Cottage is decorated with a scrapbooking clothesline of goodies.



Tables were arranged with album kits of all kinds. I scattered my cute vintage aprons around the booth and voila...a portable Nellie's Cottage came to life:) I drove the distance home and back again on Saturday morning with my trusty assistant Amy, who I couldn't do without!




How did it go? 
Did my output of money, time and energy equal the results?
Only time will tell. 
I had a great time meeting new faces and telling people about Nellie's Cottage. 
I loved teaching my album class and watching the smiles after the project was complete.
In our society we tend to equate the worth of something in terms of money. 
Is that really accurate? 
Don't some things transcend the definition of "worth it"?
Yes! People always do, and I am in the people business:)

Nellie's Cottage is all about people. memories, and happiness, and that makes all the effort, sleepless nights and even my super stiff, tired body all worth it! 


p.s. just don't ask me if I am ready to do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment