Thursday, March 28, 2013

Holiday displays...contained:)

I love decorating for the holidays and like my mother before me, as soon as one holiday is over the next display comes out! When the kids were little I didn't mind bits of kid friendly holiday decor scattered around the house, however I have evolved to a container holiday display. 
Platters and trays are one of my favorite collectables so I usually have one to compliment any holiday display. One of my most recent finds is a fabulous robin egg blue metal serving tray from Hobby Lobby...no surprise there:)

I simply added all of my bunnies, marbled eggs, and spring decorative balls for a festive Easter display that is moveable!



My smaller second Easter display began with one of those holiday containers the kids bring home from school. This was obviously an over achiever mom to have produced 25 wooden bunny baskets for a school party!



The basket was rescued from the attic and embellished:) Random spring time flowers were cut on my Cricut and then adhered with matte mod podge. 




For the display I chose a scalloped spring green platter, added paper grass (much better than plastic!) some metallic eggs and one "cracked" egg that came from an old Easter wreath.


Happy Easter decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment