Friday, April 5, 2013

Beef Broccoli Wellington

When all of the kids love dinner you know you are on to something!
I found this recipe years ago in a crescent roll recipe pamphlet.
I never look at the recipe anymore, just simply eyeball my measurements, adding a bit of this and that seasonings...drives my mom crazy:) Hi Mom!

A tried and true taste bud pleasing dinner, this is a Nellie's Cottage catering staple.

Beef Broccoli Wellington

*Pre-heat oven to 375 F

Brown & drain
1 lb ground beef 
1 large onion chopped 
(I like to add a mesquite flavored seasoning and a tiny shake of garlic salt)

Add to meat mixture
1 to 1 1/2 cups of chopped broccoli (I like to steam 2 bunches of fresh broccoli for 3 minutes)
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4-1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
salt & pepper to taste

Simmer 10 minutes.

2 Rolls of refrigerated crescents
*original recipe instructions
Separate the dough from one refrigerated crecent roll package into 2 rectangles.
Slightly overlap the edges of the long sides of the 2 triangles, press to seal edge.
Spoon the mixture down the center of the dough then bringing dough together in the middle covering the mixture(resembles a log)
Pinch edges of dough tight and brush with 1 beaten egg.
Repeat with 2nd roll of crescents for a second "Log"

Now...
I prefer to lay one whole roll of dough into the bottom of a casserole dish, carefully stretching & spreading the dough up the sides then I bake the dough for 5 minutes.The mixture is spooned evenly on top of the partially baked crust. The second roll of crescent rolls is cut into strips for a criss- cross look. 

I think this is prettier:)



Bake for 18-22 min.

Baked baby carrots and fresh salad compliment this dish nicely.



No comments:

Post a Comment