Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pirate Pool Party, a scrapbook pirate treasure:)

There is a saying in our small hometown, "Once a pirate, always a pirate!" I had fun incorporating our school motif into this family pool party layout. Graduation lends itself to an overload of pictures, but the ones that will be treasured most in years to come are of family. I wasn't on my best photographer game this particular day but nevertheless, this is a bit of history which deserves to be scrapbooked:)

I wish you could be impressed with the expediency of my graduation layout a few weeks after graduation, but alas this is 2010. Needless to say, I am behind a bit...especially since this is my youngest child and first graduation album to be working on!

Even though this is only a 3 page layout, I went with my One/event-One design style I like to use for multiple pages of the same event.





This was a fun distraction for a late night creative escape. 
I began with...
Hand cut wave borders (I used blue papers with gold to keep the school color theme)
Added the pictures on top of the wave,
Mounted pirate ships (Paper Dolls cricut cartidge) on pop dots,
Stamped blue, gold, and black swirls (our school colors) to add the feel of waves,
Added the metallic pirate (Jolee's) and pirate brad (Eyelet outlet) to the ships,
Hand cut banner flags over gold skinny ribbon & added circle letters for the title topped with random mini brads,
Created a swirl turquoise embroidery thread I ran though my Xyron sticker maker..works pretty good:)

*Scanned layouts will be a bit fuzzy where you have popped up embellishments...still worth scanning!

This was one of those layouts that sit on your desk for days because you love it AND because you keep thinking of fun things to add:)
Me thinks me has a pirate treasure for me lassie:)

No comments:

Post a Comment