Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Gaylord Texan

I will never forget walking into this amazing resort in Texas for the first time. it was as if heaven opened up and all of the Texan angels in heaven were singing "The Yellow Rose of Texas":):)
Okay..a bit dramatic but I did fall immediately in love with this huge, classically braggy Texan landmark in Grapevine. It is like a city within itself with replicas of Texas most famous tourist attractions such as the Alamo and San Antonio Riverwalk. I was there with Brittany and Janene for the Scrapbook expo which was our focus so we barely scratched the surface of this resort. I do have it on my list of fun things to do for my next birthday:)

As usual I have been running faster than I can keep up and needed a breather so.... Sunday morning I made a command decision, shut my door to hide and very quietly put together the beginning of our  album with these layouts of the Gaylord.

I love to "build" borders for my signature "One Event/One" design layouts. Kraft paper looks a bit Texan as well as the barn reds, copper tiles, and metallic gold stars on these pages.

This is the inside courtyard of the resort.





To build a border, I choose various complementary patterns of paper, add punched edges, and lay them out on my paper for the best combination before I use adhesive!


I am a super thrifty scrapper! I even cut trim behind pictures to use another day.



p.s. My favorite border punches are Martha Stewart.
p.p.s. I think everyone in Texas should visit the Gaylord Texan:)




No comments:

Post a Comment