Saturday, March 22, 2014

Chewy Coconut Cookies...one of my moms favorite!

I was headed for a visit with my mom and wanted to take her a treat. These cookies are one of her favorites! She usually got out voted on cookie baking flavors when we were growing up because we weren't much on coconut:) so.... If saying I love you with a cookie is possible...then I love you mom:)
This is one of my "weathered" recipes hand written by mom.  She made me a family recipe book when I went off to college which is now falling apart, but is still the first recipe book I grab when baking something "naughty" aka yummy:)

These cookies are so moist and delicious!

Chewy Coconut cookies


Kimberly's recipe tweaks:
3/4 cup brown sugar (instead of 1/2)
1/4 cup white sugar (instead of 1/2
1 cup chopped nuts (instead of 1/2)
...next time I am going to toast the coconut!


p,s,
These coconut cookies would be fun to color for easter!

You may enjoy another Easter treat...Peanut Butter Nests


http://nelliescottageretreat.blogspot.com/2011/04/peanut-butter-nests.html

No comments:

Post a Comment