Sunday, June 29, 2014

Washi week:)

I have been too busy to craft:( or if I do it is at midnight...this can make me quite grumpy! I NEED to create! Washi tape has come to the rescue. I declared this week to be washi week with a project every day simply because it is super fun, super fast, and just plain makes me happy:) I have quite a collection now but am quite sure not the largest collection of washi tape....this I know from watching scrappers come to Nellie's Cottage!


p.s. I apologize for the fuzzy pictures-tried a new way to send them via email. didn't work so well!

Washi tape day 1

Embellish a candle or two-
Choose washi tape to match any decor or style to punch up your candles!



Washi tape day 2

Cover a mini clipboard-
I chose colors to match my office. I tried to alternate blues, blacks, and creams without creating a pattern. Stamped butterfly's, printed tickets, half of a gold "sign", black rub-ons, and my signature were added and then...I mod podged the whole clipboard. Fun yarn was added to finish this project off to my creative satisfaction:)





Washi tape day 3

Texas looks good in Washi!-
My youngest daughter and hubby attend university in Utah. Danielle misses Texas! I created this to frame for her wall so she can smile at the thought of coming home:)


Heart of Texas Studio has Texas shaped chipboard albums which are fabulous! I covered this one shaped page choosing different angles of layering washi tape for design and ease of covering the shape. I used a wax W (for Williams) that came from a wedding invitation...way to re-cycle!
A white washed fence cardstock from Glitz design made the perfect backdrop. Silver chipboard letters complete the idea! Frame to be built by dad out of pallets.



Washi tape day 4

Cheery pocket accordion album-
This 4x4 pocket album screams summer & fun! I covered both front and back of album with washi tape, then covered the pages with cardstock. I plan to include pictures of the grandchildren by the pool like this funny pic of my granddaughter Scarlett with her first ice-cream push up! Her swimsuit was the color inspiration for this project. I will mod podge this after I put the pictures in because it need to be "little hands friendly".



Washi tape day 5

Soda bottle art-
I have been collect glass soda bottles, now really knowing what I would do with them but this was the best idea! These blues are my favorite color at present with no sign of being replaced:) I tried to alternate blues with printed whites. When wrapping a round object you will have some wrinkling of the tape to keep the line bur it adds to the charm of the piece do don't worry about it! The turquoise yarn was added as a final touch, glued into place with liquid adhesive in strategic points. Spray acrylic is a good sealer for these types of projects.


More of my blue projects:

My front door

My favorite cabinet

60 year old porch table built by Papa Geldard 

Patio decor

Washi tape day 6

Funny polka dot frame-
I totally had this picture in mind when I chose these fun coral washi tapes:) This was my least favorite washi project. It was harder than I thought but half way through the wrapping I discovered that laying the washi tape where you want it on top and THEN connecting on the back was much easier. Don't mind the wrinkles-no way to avoid them on the corners. I used matte Mod Podge to seal washi tape.
Scarlett is getting quite silly and this fun frame perfectly suits the mood of this picture:)




More projects with washi tape:

Pinterest print in a frame
Washi tape day 7
coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment