Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Junkin' in Boerne

I recently had my first visit to Boerne, Texas and fell immediately in love with this quaint town in the hill country. It is full of charming buildings filled with treasures of days gone by. It had been ages since I had time to shop, having been in renovation mode for ages. This was the perfect place for me to have a good wander especially since I just discovered Junk Gypsy's. Apparently I am late to the party as usual, how did I miss them? Never mind...I am at the party now and am infatuated with the projects created from their junkin' travels.

My trip to Boerne began by checking in to Ye Kendall Inn, a historic hotel with natural landscaped paths that meander around the property.


Boerne is full of buildings with great character!


My favorite "non-antiques shopping was Brantley's 259 Market. It was full of tin containers, hand stamped tea towels, vintage clothing, and milk bottle candles.






Every where I turned in Boerne was eye candy junk and fabulous inspiration for future Nellie's Cottage projects, like this headboard bench. I must admit these patchwork boots take my breath away...can't decide if I admire the designer for such a bold statement or wish I could censure such creations!


I was drawn to this brass and copper violin since both my girls play. It has since found a home on my mantle. These distressed candle sticks added to the blue ambiance I keep adding in my home.

 


The real reason I came to Boerne was to visit my friend Brenda. She was visiting her family from the great potato state, Idaho. Brenda & I have been friends for more than 28 years! It doesn't matter how long between chats or visits...we just pick up where we left off. Brenda took me on my first visit to famous Fredericksburg, Texas. We sauntered in and out of the shops on main drag and had a scrumptious lunch at the Peach Tree restaurant. 
I would drive the 5 hours here again just to have the lemon pie!


This rug is made from blue jean tags! I noticed that shopping here is totally Texan braggy with a star, sequin boots or a gun around every corner. 






And of course there is always the classic Texas challenge in some creative art form:)


I have decided shopping for junk is much more rewarding than filling my Walmart cart with cheap items from China. My 50th birthday bucket list just got a little closer to complete with this pleasant trip to Fredericksburg and junkin' in Boerne!


No comments:

Post a Comment