Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I am thankful for....a simple DIY table

Today Brittany & I created a simple table setting for creative & thankful people. She needed an activity for the young women at church and I had a few opinions:) The thought was simple, fast & inexpensive.
We began with 12x12 kraft paper, turning the edges up and inking for some dimension. A handwritten "I am thankful for" and a few lines invite the person to list a few of life's blessings. 


Mason jars make a fun alternative to a glass. brittany added wash tape, twine, and a sticker tag for initials.

We have always had a family tradition of Thanksgiving trees of one kind or another. Last year I created 3 printable versions. We chose to copy in black & white for this table setting. The link to these trees is below. Download the image to print. Make sure it is on the "fit to page" setting in preview. They will be 8x81/4".


Choose, print for each guest and enjoy counting your blessings!

A paper napkin was rolled inside the tree. Brittany wrote her name in lower case on a manilla tag and then inked the edges. Twine tied the 3 elements together.



I rounded up a placemat, charger and plate and viola...a blessings place setting was born:)



"I am thankful for"....is a profound question. 

Grateful turns what we have into enough...
and that makes us happy:)

A couple of years ago I wrote 30 thank you notes in November...it changed me.

Thankful for me...a child's perspective

Printable Thanksgiving trees

No comments:

Post a Comment