Friday, December 5, 2014

A flourish of joy!

I have had my new Cricut Explorer for a few months. It sat in the entry way in the box for a month. I moved it to my room, unpacked it and it has been in "display only" mode. Today I FINALLY had the chance to set it up online....yep...been playing for a few hours now:) I love everything about the new system! 
I NEEDED a creative project. My daughter Brittany has the cutest apartment with grey & bright coral so I made a Christmas display layout for her kitchen window with my upgraded computer & cricut skills;) It is my personal opinion that Christmas decorating is more fun with non-traditional colors!




Here's the layout specifics...
Striped Paper - Glitz Design 
Joy - Kate's ABCs cartridge 
Ornament - Celebrate with a Flourish cartridge 
Recollections holiday shimmer cardstock in coral red became joy & the top layer of the ornament. The ornament base was Bazzill light grey. I mounted the layout on a piece of cardboard & then sprayed the finished layout with Mod Podge acrylic spray. 
The whole project was pure joy!

         


No comments:

Post a Comment