Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Kimberly's Southern Green Beans


I can remember sitting around a big silver pot full of fresh produce from Papa Albert's garden. It was part of childhood to snap beans, shell peas & shuck corn. Nellie made the best butter beans on the planet...sadly I haven't practiced enough.
I do however make a pretty mean pot of green beans:)

1 16oz package frozen green beans
            (if you have the cooking time-use fresh)
1 medium onion chopped
real bacon bits
olive oil
Tbsp butter
seasonings to taste

 In the interest of time, frozen green beans cooked on the stove
come close to fresh green beans.
Sautee onions in a bit of olive oil until golden brown
These are my go to seasonings, I sprinkle a bit of each to taste
A tablespoon of butter added to the cooked green beans enhances the flavor...
obviously!
Toss the onions & bacon bits into the green beans
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment