Monday, March 16, 2015

Dream...be our guest!

"I dreamed a dream in time gone by".... Le Miserable
"You may say that I'm a dreamer, I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one"... John Lennon
"No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true." Disney's Cinderella

So many songs and quotes about dreams...I had a dream of a beautiful guest bedroom. One that didn't require hiding children's toys, moving around boxes, or blowing up an air mattress! Many years in making I am so happy with my dream:) This room once sported a train border and was a bedroom for my son Aaron. He was my Denise the Menace meets the Terminator kid and loved sneaking out late nights through the attic with his buddy Jeremy to ride the 4-wheeeler. Those nights were more nightmare, less pleasant dream:) He is lucky to be alive! Long grown up with a little family of his own, he is now a husband, father, & responsible homeowner finishing dental school. So my dream for him did come true:)





The walls are soft, dreamy buttercream.
My color inspiration came from a rug my mother gave me. 
The window frames are circa 1939ish as the original windows from Nellie's Cottage. 
Beautiful metal shutters came from a Hobby Lobby half price sale with a birthday gift card from my hubby....favorite gift ever:)
The metal word signs also came from Hobby Lobby.
The couch and chair were given to me and I had them recovered with the french bee fabric and vintage gold embroidered fabric, also free!
I found the beautiful blue and white coffee table in a lovely local shop called "Laurabelles", one of my favorite places to send guests at Nellie's Cottage.
The vintage cottage pink night stands came from another favorite local shop "Brush Stroke and Blessings"
I simply cannot part with the two different pink roses in the room. The small bush roses are circa 1996 and the large pale pink roses 2002. Nellie's had a beautiful rose garden and this is my reminder:)
When we first built my house in 1996, I was obsessed with grapes! This beautiful chandelier came from auction. I have moved it several times and decided this was the perfect room to sparkle with it's light.
I pulled together some art work and pillows that were originally in my bedroom. My favorite is an old picture of my children...they hate it! It is the last picture before our oldest son left home.
Lastly, the mirror is also circa 1996 and bright brass....used to love it:) I used a clay based patina rub and voila...1990's no more!













The only thing left to do is me sleeping and dreaming in my own guest bedroom...it might be fun to be my own guest....wonder who will put chocolate on my pillow, change the sheets and wash the towels?

No comments:

Post a Comment