Thursday, April 30, 2015

Washi craft cart

I am always on the lookout for new and better storage for my ever growing scrapbooking stash! This Martha Stewart craft cart was perfect for my latest organizational idea.

.

I needed shallow drawers for multiple seasonal and current projects. For example...right now 1 drawer has my birthday album project including all supplies, 1 drawer has everything for my spring album, 1 drawer has my latest creative conquest-glitter vinyl:) The top drawer has special things like my crystal and peal buttons, printed tickets, and cute striped paper bags

My father-in-law Doug from England was here visiting when the cart arrived. He volunteered to put it together...I accepted:) The jury is still out on the "helpfulness of Scarlett!


The cart came in white, however being an embellishment addict, my mind began to spin with ideas to decorate the top. Washi tape was the perfect option. I choose colors to compliment my scrapbook space (my bedroom) and simply ran the tape in a random pattern across the top. After completing the washi rows I then trimmed the edges with small scissors.



Tim Holtz printed tissue paper was perfect for tearing and layering on top of the wash tape. I ran the torn pieces through my 5" xyron.



I then added some left over punched borders, a circuit cut flourish, "film" by Tim Holtz, and velum sayings by Anna Griffin. The final touch was pearl flourishes on 2 edges. The whole top was then sealed with a coat of mod-podge.





The final creation!



2 comments:

  1. I enjoy all your creative ideas and projects. Your a true inspiration Kimberly.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share a true addiction of washi tape with you! And I'm delighted to say that I bought a washi tape dispenser from your little scrapbook store inside Nellie's cottage! https://www.facebook.com/NelliesCottage/timeline

    ReplyDelete