Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Scarecrows & babies! scrapbook layouts

Scarecrows abound at Shangri La Gardens every autumn. I tagged along with the Tolmans for a festive, fall family adventure. The creativity of local businesses and organizations in sponsoring family friendly scarecrows made for an enjoyable walk through the gardens. I loved the colorful potted plants and landscape vistas around every corner. Throw in a perfectly chubby Scarlett, a glitter pumpkin painting & scarecrow loving Annabelle... my autumn agenda was complete:)

I am an event and holiday scrapper which suits me very well. When a birthday, holiday or season rolls around I remember and am motivated to catch up! I find satisfaction in adding to albums on display! 
True to my one Event/One design scrapbooking motto, these 6 pages are all the same template, they have been digitally recorded and are now safely tucked into my fall albums which are now being featured on my coffee table amid autumn pillows for the couch, fall flowers on the mantle, and velvet pumpkins scattered around the room...whew what a sentence! Southerners have a tendency to ramble:)


The page began with Bazzill cardstock, 2 printed 3" borders topped by a 1"paper border. The edges were inked with Tim Holtz "peacock feathers" distress ink. Pictures are matted on warm pale blue yardstick. The journaling circles were cut out of the mats-thrifty! Paper flowers in autumn colors with copper glitter brads mimic the fall flowers in the picture background. I cut the title on cricut design space. Various ribbons and trim highlight pictures.






I always take pictures of each individual scrapbook page...recently realized I wanted the "layout" too. I simply edited the photo to fit the double page spread.




May your autumn be filled with pumpkins, friendly scarecrows and an abundance of fall family joy:)


No comments:

Post a Comment