Sunday, January 17, 2016

Happy Birthday girl's trip to me!

My birthday day week this year was an extravaganza with several days of fun events. 
Enjoy the journey:)

In recent years during my birthday week I have made the 2 hour trek with some girlfriends to Sam Moon to shop for costume jewelry and purses! We wander around this mecca of inexpensive but shiny trinkets of happiness for an hour or so and then transfer our fun to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. My favorite cheesecake is white chocolate macadamia nut! The best part of the day (besides the cheesecake) is the 4 hour of uninterrupted visiting we do in the car as we drive. We share the joys and trials of life, give advice on parenting, and opinions on fashion. I always feel emotionally filled on these occasions, maybe it should be more than once a year!



My favorite meal is the Bang bang chicken and shrimp and my very favorite cheesecake is white chocolate macadamia nut! It is a day of no judging calorie indulgence:) The best part of the day (besides the cheesecake) is the 4 hours of uninterrupted visiting we do in the car as we drive. We share the joys and trials of life, give advice on parenting, and opinions on fashion. I always feel emotionally filled on these occasions, grateful for my connections and friendships. It makes me wonder why we only do this once a year!



I began today with a sweet handwritten birthday card from Annabelle, who was so proud of her "I love you" and full page of xoxoxoxo:) Scarlett then came bursting through the door singing in full volume "Happy Birthday" to you! As the day went on with phone calls, text messages and facebook comments I became more excited and grateful to be celebrating another birthday. Aging is a good thing, living each day as a gift, a great thing, and sharing life with those you love...priceless! I want to embrace the years and be proud of my well earned middle age status. Having lost my dad when he was 46 really helps with my perspective. Who has time to be consumed with the fading of youthful looks, who really wants to waste precious time on petty pursuits or complaints? Life is fragile and should be treasured!



The rest of the week was filled with Italian creme cheese cake by daughter Brittany, family dinner at Frankie's Italian restaurant, and a fun girls day creating pallet art at Junkin Gypsies...


link to that post


Happy birthday week to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment