Saturday, January 2, 2016

Winter decor, my kind of cold:)

Winter has come...at least inside my house:) December was so busy with renovation that I didn't get my tree up until the 18th! New years rolled around and I wasn't ready to take it down, so it became a snowflake tree. I gathered all of winter decorations from Danielle's wedding out of the attic and created my very own Texas winter wonderland:) The icy (glass) branches are my favorite!





My blue shelf (designated for holiday decor) in the kitchen became a mecca of snowmen I've gathered over the years.



Totally in love with this white wrought iron tree! I use it for every holiday! These wooden snowman and snowflake ornaments were handprinted by a friend, and the felt snowflakes were an after Christmas find at Target last year.




The blue candle got a washi tape make-over which made it much more interesting:)




Having a beautiful table was a dream all the years my children were home...now it is part of any holiday decor!
I did have every intention of doing a winter dinner party but life and schedules got in the way...again. 
Combining gold with the silver made for a dreamy seasonal tablescape to blend with my dining room decor.  




The final winter touch...
Adding a cocoa bar made my kitchen just a bit more cozy, and who doesn't love hot chocolate?!!! 
FYI-that silver tray was a wedding present (1982!)


And that is how we do winter here in Texas:)

Other winter posts:
A snowflake charger project http://nelliescottageretreat.blogspot.com/2015/01/winteran-embellished-charger.html

2 comments:

  1. Had so much fun! Thank you for always providing a wonderful place to stay! We are having a great time and decided to stay another night! Always so relaxing. We love Flossy's house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had so much fun! Thank you for always providing a wonderful place to stay! We are having a great time and decided to stay another night! Always so relaxing. We love Flossy's house.

    ReplyDelete