Thursday, February 11, 2016

My Valentine door

I love front doors, the way you wonder what is inside, the message they unknowingly give about the people inside, and the pomp and circumstance of a holiday theme. I am having a dinner party for Valentines which calls for a "beef up" of my front door surround. Honestly if I didn't have events occasionally I wonder if these "not necessary but fun decorative" projects would even get done! In keeping with my mission of cleaning out and consolidating my craft & decorative hoard...I found a new use for a forgotten wreath from the  90's languishing in the attic:) A few styrofoam hearts wrapped with ribbon, and some glittery heart picks added just enough love to qualify for a Valentine's wreath. 







In addition to a wreath, adding silk ferns to my tall pedestal planters adds a touch of homeyness to my very long front porch. Silk plants help to keep mosquitos, and other un-welcome creatures away from the front door. They also survive without watering, and never leave dirt residue from plant watering by the door...total win for a front porch. Large thick plant foam was cut to "fit" and then I added pea gravel on top to hopefully hold the plant in windy weather. Bugs don't like rock:)





A few bright petunias went in the landscaping just around the front stairs for color. I am ready for my dinner party!





You may like my blue door & shutters post:)
http://nelliescottageretreat.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-little-bit-of-new-orleans.html

No comments:

Post a Comment