Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Butterflies & sunshine


Some days it seems the whole outside world is falling apart...and it worries me. You are probably wondering what that has to do with butterflies:)....well... creating is like a balm to my soul, an enjoyable activity that brings me joy, and best of all ends in cheerful seasonal decor like these butterflies!

This project began with my curiosity of "gelatos" by Faber Castell. I love blended color and these babies do just that! They are like a creamy crayon that can be blended into a beautiful watercolor feel. I did learn that you MUST blend immediately after application or the gelatos dry as you applied them. The blues of the Caribbean sea are my favorite!



I had a butterfly banner in mind for the mantle and although the gelato butterflies were pretty, I ramped them up with 2 layers of wings made with cardstock in bright and happy colors. Cricut design space makes finding and layering images so easy:)




The vases of summer flowers on my mantle were the inspiration for the colors of the butterflies. I made 7 large butterflies instead of a multitude of tiny ones...love the impact of BIG!


Viola... sunshine and butterflies for a cheerful summer mantle! I found the turquoise flower vases at "Tuesday Morning" for my summer floral arrangements and rounded up all of my other turquoise vases stashed here and there to create my summer mantle. The sunshine wooden word was in the Target dollar section:)




The summertime happiness of my mantle makes me smile every time I walk by...it may be dark clouds "out there" but here in my house it's sunshine and butterflies!

Here is the link to the butterfly on cricut design space










No comments:

Post a Comment