Monday, August 15, 2016

Clipboard art...SMILE!

Clipboard art one of my favorite fast creative projects! Plain clipboards are very inexpensive and can be found at Walmart or Office Depot, etc. I chose a neutral color theme to compliment my scrap space decor where this will be on display. 
When I was a little girl people were always saying "Smile Kimberly!"...which I usually responded to with a stubborn frown:) Hence the large glittery smile front and center. I do practice smiling, usually in my car...hahaha I wonder how many people have wondered what I was doing! 



I began by covering the entire clipboard with rows of washi tape in no particular order. This made no dent in my washi tape stash whatsoever! Guess I'll have to find more projects:) l especially love the random searching through both my organized stash and junk drawer for embellishments. Each piece carries a meaning living up to my children's declaration that I can make an object lesson out of dirt...hahaha...I actually have made a object lesson out of dirt:)

The resin clock is from Melissa Francis and reminds me that time is precious and I need to use it wisely. This vintage gold trim came from a long ago fancy dress, the rose trim is recycled from a card! The gold arrow from Thickers points to a quote which makes life a bit easier to bear:)
Heidi Swapp designed these fabulous roses which remind my of Nellie's rose garden.
The smile from Thickers reminds me that I look prettier when I smile:) A wooden butterfly embellished with gold foil with my Heidi Swapp Minc machine suggests that beauty can emerge from the "cocoon of trials"
The paper flourish is courtesy of an Anna Griffin die cut on my Fiskars embossing machine topped with encouragement to laugh often and see the lighter side of life!  
This fun heart is from Luxe and obviously reminds me to love...heaven knows the world needs more love floating around! The Maya Road metal bicycle suggests to me that the scenery of life's journey needs to be enjoyed all along the way.

And there you have it, several of life's lessons all wrapped in a package of washi tape, glittery puffy words, paper flowers, resin clocks, and a metallic butterfly....a stretch to some, to be sure, but hey...it's how I creatively roll:)

No comments:

Post a Comment