Sunday, October 30, 2016

A mountain drive in October

One of the lovely perks of having children attend university in Utah has been my autumn visits to the mountains. The rugged landscape is so beautiful as the colors change! On this trip in 2013 my son Keith took me on a drive up to Sundance ski resort up American Fork Canyon. Just me and Keith, the winding road and beautiful mountains vistas...total contentment which is so eloquently expressed by the layout quote by Anne of Green Gables. 

I am a big fan of blue in combination with autumn colors. Faux leaves, handmade paper leaves, and velvet flowers create the perfect embellishment vignette for a fall layout. I cut the letters for the quote with my cricut machine, laid them to on the page before running them through the Xyron adhesive sticker maker. These letters were actually a real pain, but I soldiered on:)







Paper leaf topped with Tim Holtz distress glitter.
This paper leaf stamped with embossing ink, then embossing powder and melted with a heat tool.
The brown paper leaf is topped with giant glitter. The cream leaf was stamped and then cut out.
This paper leaf is topped with Martha Stewart glass glitter.


Stamping, glittering, and embossing paper leaves...I have a bit of a fall leaf thing...ya think?:)

No comments:

Post a Comment