Sunday, November 6, 2016

Silk Sari Rosette Pumpkins

I love Thanksgiving, the wonderful season of gratitude, a time to reflect on blessing unmeasured. To set the stage for the season I am pulling out the "deep" colors of fall this month in spite of our 90 degrees here on the east Texas coastal plains...sad in deed! Pumpkins embellished with silk sari rosettes create a beautiful display for which I am thankful:) 


I fell in love with this sari silk ribbon with a class at the International Quilt show. It is literally scraps from sari's made in India! Re-purposing warms my thrifty crafter's heart:) 
The company that makes this ribbon is empowering underprivileged women's groups with financial independence...such a wonderful product to support!
Glubers are giant glue dots and are perfect for making these beautiful silk rosettes. I had no idea what I would do with these when I made them...which is how I craftily roll:)

After a fairly long Hobby Lobby sabbatical (trying to use my crafty closet & attic hoard!) I wandered in this week, saw the pile of pumpkins right at the entrance and voila! I knew what to do with the silk rosettes! Daughter Brittany suggested the cascading design which turned out wonderfully!

I loved the bumpy texture of this pumpkin. Hobby Lobby is my "go to" for basic supplies:)









A Thanksgiving display wouldn't be complete without expressing some gratitude, so I printed several quotes from Pinterest (of course!)...and rounded up a few frames that enhanced this autumn vingette of Thanksgiving happiness!



I loved styling the pumpkins enhanced with berry garland on my favorite turquoise tray! 




And there you have it, a colorful display to celebrate blessings and joy of the Thanksgiving season!


My quilt art project with this sari silk scrap ribbon


You can purchase this sari silk here!

No comments:

Post a Comment