Saturday, November 12, 2016

Thanksgiving foil banner

This seems to be a banner year for me...literally:)  To date I have made a spring bird banner, summer butterfly banner, fall leaf banner and now a Thanksgiving banner. Thankful...such an important state of being, a place of contentment, a place of peace. 

Pinterest, a toner printer, foil and a minc machine, gold burlap, & yarn all combine to create my newest seasonal creation.
I began with a digital letter set purchased from a pinterest pin.
I loved the wreath wrapped around the letters. This digital file also came with plain letters. 
You will find these letters on my printables board.

I have been excited to try this heat reactive foil on a printed image. The foil ONLY adheres to images printed with a toner printer. I laid foil right side up on top of each letter and ran it through my Heidi Swapp minc machine. I alternated orange and rose gold on the letters spelling Thankful.


After the image is out of the minc machine simply remove the foil. You will be left with a negative image which you do not want to throw away (another project!)
Letters, wreath and thin border in foil...love!

 After triming the letters right to the edge of the banner line, they were backed with a rusty orange metallic cardstock. I then cut metallic gold burlap for the base layer of each letter. Simple twine was hot glued to the back of each burlap piece, leaving about foot of extra twine on each end.

A multi colored autumn inspired yarn was cut in 12" lengths. Four pieces were tied in between each letter and about 9 on each end.

 The letters were hot glued to the burlap across the top only.


Hubby helped me center and hang the banner. I used clear packing tape to secure the banner on the top of the mantle at each end. 


 Autumn colored candles, pumpkins, and gourds add a festive fall display on the mantle top. I created these beautiful arrangements last year and simply popped them out of the attic onto the mantle this year!  

Last fall my living room was still red..what a difference!

I am so happy for the make-over and change to grey paint on the walls...lighter and happier:)


"It is not happy people who are thankful. 
It is thankful people who are happy"

Thankful and therefore happy is how I always want to be:)







No comments:

Post a Comment