Sunday, January 22, 2017

First Snow for the mini-mob:)


Oh the excitement of a first snow EVER! We had Christmas in Utah this year with family which was a joy! Three of our Texas grandchildren had never seen snow, and what a treat it was to experience the wonder through their eyes! 
Savannah ran around licking everything in sight...hahah! She is quite lucky her tongue didn't stick to the mailbox for 
sure:-} 
Charlotte kept squealing with the delight of her tiny footprints in the snow! She kind of did a Michael Jackson "moon walk" over and over again:)
And Ethan? While he was excited at first, running around with his sisters. After a bit, he planted his feet and would not move because he was too cold! He never again ventured outside to play, content to stay inside with his dinosaurs...roar!
Some of us just like to look at snow...like me and Ethan:)



I was inspired by the pink coats against the snow, so out came the Fiskars border system and snowflake cartridge! I punched cardstock borders in 2 different pinks.


After the snowflake borders were adhered, pictures were grouped in the middle of each page. I like to lay out the embellishments tweaking them until satisfied...only then is adhesive added!

Occasionally I will have a chipboard glittering party, gathering any chipboard shapes I want to cover and glittering everything at once. It's always handy to have pre-made embellishments!


The double stacked snowflakes were punched out of blue cardstock scraps. I have folders of scraps divided by color for punching...yes, I'm a bit of a paper hoarder:) A metallic brad added pizzaz. 3M was adhered to snowflakes for added dimension on the page. I prefer the lower profile of 3M since pop dots can be quite tall. The chipboard words and printed snowflakes came from an old chipboard set which I had dismantled and filed away in themes.

The white snowflakes were cut with Cricut machine previously for another project. I store my scrapbook stash in themes, holiday's and seasons. Project leftovers are simply added to a file for later...like these white snowflakes!


Another layout to add to the January snow album which is currently on my coffee table because  it's January! I will have these pictures in our Christmas album as well, since it was a Christmas trip, but couldn't resist the thrill of creating a snow page for my snow album! After all, down here in southeast Texas, snow is rare!

No comments:

Post a Comment