Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Be Happy...wooden heart art

Be happy! This wooden heart art piece will take a prominant place in my colorful craft room. I love the colorful whimsical happiness in wood, crochet, paint & pompoms:)



Crafty DIY-ers have a tendency to creatively hoard:) The wood trim on this heart is left over from building our home 20 years ago! It has been languishing in the attic. Scrolling through Pinterest sparked an idea, so I recruited my favorite handy hubby:) 
Michael hand drew a large heart on a thin backer board. The trim was then attached with glue and staple gun, then left to dry. The extra trim was cut off creating a slightly and perfectly crooked heart!
I originally planned this for a Valentine display but it was too fun to only bring out once a year. I decided to go neutral with pewter spray paint, and dry brushed charcoal distressing. It found a home in my laundry room/home office.



Another scroll or two through Pinterest left me needing more bright colors in my life. The interest of the heart trim seemed underwhelmed by the pewter paint. One night I was desperate for a creating session, so I gathered my happy paint colors and transformed the heart for it's next and final destination, my colorful craft room. 





Waiting for the paint to dry between colors and trim pieces was a lesson in patience:) 


Once the paint was completely dry, I gathered all the flowers and fabric trims from my over abundant stash and began laying out embellishment options.



In the end, I chose the pompom trim, (as I knew I would!) and these adorable crochet flowers. My alphabet stash had the perfect chipboard letters to complete the project. Be happy, be happy, be happy....a reminder to soak it up when it comes:)

"Don't waste a minute not being happy. If one window closes, run to the next window- or break down a door."                                           Brooke Shields


"The most important thing is the enjoy your life-to be happy-it's all that matters."                         Aubrey Hepburn



"Being happy never goes out of style."  Lilly Pulitzer



"Be happy for this moment. 
This moment is your life"     Omar Khayyam



"Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking."         Marcus Aurelius



"BE HAPPY...always, mostly, or as often as you can:)" 
                                                          Me

No comments:

Post a Comment