Friday, March 24, 2017

Avery Rose, a granddaughter is born


I cannot think of anything more precious than a new baby 
fresh from heaven. Avery Rose, our 10th grandchild, 
a vision of pink perfection,  graced the world 
with her presence on March 21, 2017. 
She is the fourth and final perfect addition to her family. 
I often think of the challenges and stress involved in raising children. Looking back I see many epic failures as a mother, 
and yet still consider my role as a parent to be the crowning achievement of my life. Watching my children bring babies 
into the world is so very humbling with tender moments 
that cannot be replicated any other way.

This raw emotion on the face of my son Aaron and his beautiful wife Janene, capture the intense relief and joy for another healthy baby, felt more especially after a long and arduous labor. The miracle and mystery of birth is filled with a wonder even our modern sophisticated world cannot dim. 

A new life, full of hope, promise and possibilities. 
Is it really any wonder that babies 
are so treasured and beloved. 

Wouldn't it be interesting to know what babies are thinking? Imagine the shock of entering the world! Avery seemed to take it all in stride...I imagine her saying "Hello world, I am ready for adventure!"...which she will most certainly
 experience with her three older siblings:) 

Janene noticed every 10-15 minutes Aaron would hover over Avery gazing in wonder. My Michael did the same with our daughter Brittany who came after two boys. My dad who is no longer with us also loved to admire babies and would sit for ages staring at our newborn Brittany. A picture like this uncovers a thousand emotions for me. Having survived four teenagers, not the least of which drove my sanity to the brink is this handsome man. The tender look on Aaron's face fills my soul with unmeasurable joy compensating for every moment of frustration over broken curfews, speeding tickets, and unauthorized midnight rides on the four wheeler:) 
Life is a wonderful evolution of self discovery and progress if we accept the challenge. Parenting provides a fast track course from self interest to unselfish love and service. I freely acknowledge that the most important lessons to improve my character were learned at the hands of my children. 
Oh a mother's anticipation of siblings greeting the new baby, though imagining is often better than the actual event:) Savannah 5, Ethan and Charlotte 3, are truly thrilled with baby Avery who has been much anticipated. Keeping Avery safe from such adoring and over enthusiastic fans will be a constant challenge for 
mommy and daddy! Good luck:)

What will you be my darling granddaughter? Will you be soft spoken or outlandishly gregarious? Will you play piano concerto's or dance ballet? Will you run everywhere like the wind as sisters Savannah and Charlotte or be a bit more cautious and measured as brother Ethan? I look at your soft skin and adorably chubby cheeks and feel nothing but love and hope for your future. You have been born to a family who treasures your very existence, a family that believes nothing is more important than success at home. You came to a country that is free, where women have unlimited opportunity. You came in a time when disease has limited power, and advances in technology boggle the mind. You my darling granddaughter can be anything you want to be... and that makes my Grammie heart unbelievably grateful and filled with joy. Avery Rose...bloom where you are planted and just be perfectly you:)


a letter to my granddaughters

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on new born, it is always good to have grandchild. These are really lovely images, thank you for sharing your moment with us

    ReplyDelete