Friday, March 17, 2017

Spring, washi, & twine!



Spring is my favorite season...okay...and fall:) They are both mild and cool which is much desired in southeast Texas! Winter isn't cold...it's just ugly;-} Summer, well... it's like Papa Bear's porridge- TOO HOT! To create a bit of kitchen cheer I often create seasonal countertop paper-craft art. I created this spring display layout a couple of years ago, but added the frame a few days ago (more about that in a minute)...


This spring layout was created with Bazzill cardstock (love the thickness and texture), Martha Stewart butterfly border punch, Prima flowers, & Jolee's paper birds....plus some ribbon, rhinestones, and a couple other things:)


I googled spring quotes, found three I loved, typed them out and printed them on aqua paper to "blend" into the layout.




Chipboard flocked letters were a lovely gift from a long ago scrapbook convention...I'm a bit of a letter hoarder...hahaha
By the way...if you look closely at the S, it is pieced from cuts of other hardly ever needed letters like Q and J.


Michael built me a stash of 12x12 wooden frames for my countertop paper craft art. My washi tape stash had just the perfect shades of turquoise and aqua to decorate this frame..yes I hoard wash tape too;-}

Wrapping washi tape around a frame is do-able but challenging at an angle without too many wrinkles (some wrinkles are good!) so I decided to layer the washi in straight pieces of various length on the surface of the frame which created a crafty patchwork feel.




What did the world do before Mod Podge? Our family has been using it for almost 50 years...so I can't imagine life without it:) Sealing washi tape in place is always a good idea, especially when one has curious and destructive toddler grandchildren afoot!


Spring paper art paired with fuzzy pussy willow stems and coral field flowers in a rockin' vintage metal fire extinguisher... I am in spring kitchen happiness:)
p.s. that turquoise metal ornament with clear beads came from Buc-ee's...if you don't know what Buc-ee's is...google it, or better yet head to Texas, it's how we do convenience stores in big Texas style:)


In my humble and totally unbiased crafty expert opinion...this frame perfectly completed the spring layout:)




Happy Spring again:)...
"Let your joy burst forth like flowers in spring!"



No comments:

Post a Comment